At Blackrow we are constantly looking for ways to enhance and expand our offering, and to stay on the leading edge of the engineering industry. This is why we invest heavily into our state of the art facilities, just last year we invested £1M into a state of the art machinery for our workshop.
In July 2021 we are proud to announce the arrival of two new premium pieces of equipment that will allow us to continue to evolve our services for our clients. As part of an additional £1M investment, the Yamazaki Mazak VCN530C Machine and Optiplex Fiber III Series Digital Laser will be arriving at our Grimsby premises in addition to our existing high tech equipment.
Expanding the Machining Department
The Yamazaki Mazak VCN530C Machine will be taking residence in our Machining Department. Mazak describes it as the “highest productivity in this class of vertical machining centres” with a list of advanced features including:
- High-speed feed rate, acceleration/deceleration and tool change providing reduced cycle times
- INTELLIGENT THERMAL SHIELD which is a technology unique to Mazak
- Two front doors with wide openings for greater accessibility and monitoring of the machining process
- Durable linear roller guides on all axes provide stable machining
- And the MAZATROL SmoothG advanced CNC technology which provides even greater ease of operation
Adding even more industry-leading laser equipment
Our laser department is already advanced compared to some, and adding the Optiplex Fiber III Series Digital Laser will enhance this department’s offering even more. Also from Mazak, this fibre laser processing machine provides higher productivity boasting superior features including:
- Multi-control torch and an array of intelligent functions for the highest level of operator support
- MAZATROL PreviewG CNC 19” touch control panel for enhanced ease of operation
- Faster acceleration for greater efficiency and high-speed performance
- Fine Power Ramping for higher speed corner cutting
- A wide range of automation systems allowing us to greater meet production requirements
- Production support software including Smart Factory allowing production results to be analysed
- Laser cutting capacity in Mild Steel up to 30mm thick, Stainless Steel and Aluminium up to 35mm Thick, Copper and Brass up to 15mm thick.
- Maximum sheet capacity – 4m x 2m.
Continually evolving our offering
Together these premium new pieces of equipment will allow us to continue staying true to our mission of providing industry-leading engineering, design and installation services to our clients across sectors from food and pharmaceutical to defence.