Blackrow provide design, fabrication and installation for a new state-of-the-art production facility for an innovative environmentally friendly materials technology company.
Sector: Textile / Recyclable
Services: Project Management, Mechanical Design, Fabrication, Mechanical Installation. Electrical Installation
Project Objective: Fabrication and installation of a state-of-the-art production facility to support demand from a broad base of international businesses. The new factory providers a significant increase in production capacity.
This large project involved an on-site Blackrow Team providing Project Management, Project Engineers, Site Supervisors and Purchasers. This team was supported by a full equipment store and the supply of lifting and access equipment for the duration of the project. This ensured we were available on site to supervise and work alongside our client in ensuring this large and complex project was delivered on budget and to time.
The project involved a great deal of steelwork including:
- The design of all mezzanines, gantries and supporting structures
- Fabrication of all steelwork
- Installation of building enclosures, mezzanine structures and lighting systems on steel structures
RAW Material System
The manufacturing process used recycled and raw materials which required sorting stations, bins and conveyors. The material creates dust, so dust extraction and air filtration systems were required.
Blackrow supplied and installed the mechanical systems including:
- QA sampling points
- Sorting stations with conveyors and belts
- Buffer bins and silo stacks
- Pneumatic conveyer systems
- Dust extraction and air filtration
- Control room cladding
We also installed electrical systems including control panel wiring, lighting and emergency systems.
OEM Process System
The project included the assembly and installation of the OEM process system including;
- Process air handling unit
- Forming station
- Dryer and fans
- Product cooling section
- Scanning unit, dosing and unwinding unit
- Electrical layout and containment
The requirements of this factory install also included the Mechanical & Electrical installation of HE, the Coating Line and Filter Unit and the Mechanical Installation of WTP and ducting for the buffing process.
Quality and H&S standards
All works were carried out to the relevant Quality and H&S standards;
- CE standards
- EN 1090-1
- The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations (2006/42/EC)
- Low Voltage Directive (2006/95/EC)
- IEE Wiring Regulations. Seventeenth Edition (BS7671)
Project of this scale required the co-ordination of skills, services and expertise from across the Blackrow Group; sheet erectors, sheet metal workers, fabricators, coded welders, pipe fitters, mechanical engineers, electricians, software engineers, cleaners and project managers all ensured the success of the installation.