The successful candidate will work in collaboration with all staff and the management team to ensure that working practises, procedures are followed and the plant and equipment are operated within the boundaries of the Law and HSE.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the following job activities:
• Primary contact: to be the first point of contact for operational staff for matters and issues relating to Health and Safety
• Training: maintain the H&S training database, ensuring that any training requirements are highlighted and, where required, book employees on the appropriate courses. To include the creation and coordination of in-house training where applicable to employees in line with current requirements.
• Occupational health: responsible for all occupational health activities and compliance throughout the business.
• Effective Communication: to ensure that all operational staff are kept informed and updated about H&S.
• Records: to ensure that all company COSHH records, risk assessments, method statements and H&S statistics are up to date and accessible to all employees.
• Accidents & incidents: recording, investigating and reporting of all accidents, incidents, complaints and cases of ill health, making recommendations where relevant.
• Policies & procedures: define, update and communicate all necessary policies and procedures relevant to H&S legislation including contractors, visitors and new employee inductions.
• Accreditations: maintain all records, documents and audit trails necessary for compliance and memberships.
• Inspections: regularly complete audits and inspections both on and off-site, reporting findings and implementing changes /improvements where necessary.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a NEBOSH qualification and/or willingness to work towards the diploma. Candidates must also have previous experience of an H&S role.
Applications in writing/email for the attention of the HR Manager.
Blackrow Engineering Co. Ltd.
Estate Road 7
S. Humberside Ind. Estate
By Email: Careers@blackrow.co.uk